Sean's Music Blog

Ahoy.

Since my last entry into the most boring book of personal updates, we have FINALLY been released from lockdown restrictions and I’m damn excited to get back to gigging and attending gigs.

On a personal level, I’m super excited to be getting back to playing live gigs with both ‘The Passing Sages’ and my other band, ‘Stay For Tomorrow’, which guitarist Nic is also a part of, in the coming weeks. I would say that both bands are definitely worth following on our social media pages, if you don’t already, for updates as to where you can suffer the horrendous noise that either band conjures up. 

I would be lying if I didn’t admit that my drumming stamina has noticeably taken a hit over the past year and a half due to lockdown and everything that entailed, specifically my lack of movement from the couch whilst consuming adult beverages. But as both bands have been back practicing for a couple of months… we’re getting there. Just don’t judge me too harshly when none of my gigging clothes fit!

I’m also buzzing to get back to seeing other bands live as well and there are a number of gigs in the coming months that I am trying to talk myself out of going to see, mainly because I’d still like to afford rent and eat.


Fortunately, I already have tickets for a number of gigs that have been postponed over the past 18 months and I can’t wait to finally get to use my tickets. First up we have Glasgow rockers ‘Masonhill’ who’s debut album broke the official UK top 20, which is an incredible achievement for any debut album. Later in September we have ‘Bring Me The Horizon’, whom I have seen before in late 2015, followed by ‘Inglorious’ in October, with this being the 3rd time I will have seen them.


Next year, I’ll be getting to see ‘I Prevail’ and ‘Scooter’ again, which admittedly does represent a fairly diverse range of music taste, but both are fantastic live. 2022 will also be a year of firsts with regards to seeing bands live as ‘Deep Purple’, ‘Dadi Freyr’ of Eurovision fame, ‘Guns N’ Roses’ and ‘Scott Stapp’ of Creed, everyone’s favourite band, are all on the list. And if Creed aren’t your favourite band then serious words must be had with yourself.


Honestly, just stop lying to yourself. It’s rude.


As alluded to earlier in this posting, the list of bands that are currently pencilled in for gigs and tours next year is ridiculous and we’ll just have to wait and see how I adapt to bread and water whilst my entire wage gets spent on attending even more gigs.


Lastly, support live music. We’ve all missed it. I know I can speak for both my bands when I say we love what we do and we are honestly giddy to get back on stage and release more music so that everyone can suffer listening to it.


Sean x

Comments