Catch up with Sean

So as we now approach almost a year since the UK first went in to lockdown, it’s sage to say I’m running out of blog content that would be of any interest to anyone. Sorry, I should say ‘safe to say’… damn this band name. 

The longer this lockdown goes on, the more we would all like to be able to return to some kind of normality. If anyone has read the other blogs I’ve written during these lockdowns, they will see all I’ve done is moan and long for live music and gigs to return ASAP… this posting is no different.



Let’s be honest, no one has any real interest in reading extensively about my Football Manager 21 save that was taken from me after my laptop decided to have a meltdown a few weeks ago during the latest update… I mean, it wasn’t painful watching over 1000 hours of play time since December go down the drain… just saying. 


Fortunately during these lockdowns, I’ve been furloughed from work and have been able to keep myself ‘busy’ and save my sanity to some extent. Well, when I say busy, I mean I have watched an almighty amount of Netflix and Amazon Prime tv shows and films, I’ve sank a ridiculous amount of time in to playing Warzone and Fifa 21, which would make you think by now that I’m actually half decent at the games, but you’d be sorely mistaken. 


With the lockdown restrictions starting to get eased soon and seeing that there’s now a tiny flicker of light at the end of the tunnel, it’s difficult not to get excited about the thought of going abroad on holiday, going to gigs, seeing your friends and family as easily as you could before, or even just going to the pub for a drink or 10.


As Carrie mentioned in her blog a few weeks ago, during the first lockdown, we were all doing zoom quizzes every couple of nights and now for this second lockdown, it just feels like no one can really be bothered… I just think everyone is just in the same boat and is ready to try and get back to ’normal’. I’ve really enjoyed catching up with friends and family from all around the world that I maybe didn’t keep in touch with enough before the lockdowns but I think we are all ready to go back outside again, when it’s safe to do so. 


Seeing bands, venues and festivals announcing new tours and dates just further adds to that excitement and I know as a band, that we are so ready to get back out and start gigging again. 


I’ll get back to playing the Playstation now.


Sean x


Comments