Carrie's Lockdown 2 Experience

Well, I didn’t think I would be writing another blog about lockdown but here goes...

Lockdown this time has been a whole new experience for me. I have been furloughed from work (again), this time, since the beginning of January. Last lockdown everyone was taking part in a regular zoom quiz. I had one arranged every week. This time it’s like no one can be bothered with them. Everyone’s sat at home, cosy, watching Netflix. 

I’ve gotten right into wine this time around. As in, I will go to the supermarket and pick a nice, more expensive bottle - instead of just checking the back of the bottle and picking the one with the highest percentage. 

I have learnt how to cook. I’ve made curries from scratch, cooked roast dinners and experimented with different recipes. Before lockdown it would be a case of shoving a meal in the oven.  

I have even bought a pair of walking boots to go hiking!! I don’t think I’ve ever walked more than 5 miles in a day prior to lockdown. 

I have lived in leggings, hoody’s and saved a fortune on makeup as it has been non existent. 

I have to say having my son with me has kept me going through lockdown. He gets me up at 7am (I would probably still be in my bed at 10am if he wasn’t there). We always make sure we have an activity to do every day, whether it’s playing a game, going a walk down the beach or doing arts and crafts. This keeps my brain active and has given me some sort of routine. It has been tough at times as well. My son’s attention span went from 10 to 0 really quick. Trying to teach him basic numbers and letters have been a challenge. He was so excited when it was announced that the nurseries were getting back. He has really missed his friends. I really feel for all the kids missing out on swimming, playing with friends, going to soft play, seeing animals at the zoo etc.

I keep visualising what it feels like to be sitting in a busy pub with friends, eating out at a nice restaurant or even going a nose around Primark! The day really cant come quick enough. 

I am so grateful for the extra time I have been able to spend with my son but I am so ready to get back to normal again!! 

Comments