Meet the Band - Carrie



'When did you start singing?' is a question I am often asked and to be honest, I don't know the answer to that.

None of my family members are particularly musical, however, I have sung for as long as I can remember.

My mum told me I was s*** at gymnastics so when I was 6 years old, she felt singing lessons was the better option for me. I remember bringing my portable CD player to primary school and listening to Whitney Houston - she was my idol!

I took private singing lessons for 10 years before attending Adam Smith College where I studied Musical Theatre. Performing and musicals were my passion - I loved it! 

I then progressed to the University of West of Scotland where I received my Honors Degree in Musical Theatre. My Uni days living in Glasgow were certainly an experience - I think I'll leave that one for another time. 

When I graduated, I moved back home. I took a few years out of singing to have a baby. My son Kian is now 2 years old. He likes to sing and dance - I love to see him enjoying music as much as me.

Although I loved having time out to spend with my son, it's great to be performing again and I am excited to see what the future holds for The Passing Sages!




Comments