Meet the Sages Squad: Emma

In our final 'Meet the Sages Squad' series, we'd like to introduce the incredibly talented Emma Collins of 'E Collins Creates' who designs all of our amazing social media graphics as well as our Burnin' Up EP artwork!

. . . . .

Hello, my name is Emma Collins and I am a graphic designer and artist based in Fife. I graduated from Duncan of Jordanstone, University of Dundee with honours in Graphic Design. In 2020, I set up my first creative venture, ecollinscreates, which is an enterprise to provide graphic design services to businesses and organisations. You can find links to my website and social media platforms at the bottom of the page.


I have loved being creative from a young age and throughout my own journey I have experimented with various mediums. I have always been drawn to colour and fantasy, one of my earliest memories is being immersed in the music videos of Erasure that my parents had taped on VHS. My appreciation for everything weird and wonderful led me to the incredible works of Impressionism and Surrealism- particularly pieces by Claude Monet and Salvador Dali. I have a naturally inquisitive mind and this has allowed me to find inspiration in various mediums and meant that I have enjoyed acquiring a versatile range of skills such as painting; embroidery; digital illustration and photography. 



I began working with The Passing Sages in 2020, initially photographing them but moving on to providing new design work for them on a monthly basis. I have been close friends with one of the band’s lead singers, Holly Roseanna, since childhood. Following the band’s rebranding by the Warriors Studio, I have utilised the new assets to create content highlighting the bands funky sound and vibrant aesthetic.


My objective in all my work in the band is ensuring content engages their fandom and celebrates their work. Recently, I designed the EP Artwork for the band’s debut EP, Burnin’ Up. Upon hearing the eponymous title track, I was inspired and drew influence from the retro roller skating featured in the music video, which influenced the design of the final artwork. I have thoroughly enjoyed collaborating with the band and the experience has me hoping that I will hopefully be in a position to continue working with them along with more musicians in the future.





Website

www.ecollinscreates.com


Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/ecollinscreates/


Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ecollinscreates





Comments