Carrie: Ocean Beach Blues

We were due to go to Ibiza earlier this year but, like many others, our holiday was cancelled due to COVID-19. I’m starting to get serious holiday blues now. I mean, what’s not to love about Ibiza? 

Here are a few things that I miss most... 

I miss going to the airport bar, taking a picture of the first drink to put on Instagram, then getting half pissed before boarding the plane. 

I miss the flight there - it’s usually pretty lively on an Ibiza flight. You can always count on one guy who’s wearing their sunglasses on the plane, trying to fight with their mate or chat up the flight attendants.

I miss walking off the plane and getting blasted with the hot Ibiza air! 

I miss the nerve-racking journey to the 2* hotel praying it’s not as bad as the hotel from the inbetweeners movie. 

I miss that first day of sitting around the pool looking like an albino checking through the cocktail list wondering what to pick. ‘I’ll have one of each please’. 

I miss going to the local supermarket and buying a packet of lays and a bottle of lemon Fanta.

I miss going down the beach, paying too much on overpriced sun loungers, a slice of melon and a cocktail (which is just a vodka and lemonade with an umbrella in it). 

I miss going to the Highlander. Only a Scottish person would go abroad just to find a Scottish pub.

I miss the sunset - sitting on the rocks at cafe mambos with your carry out watching the sun go down.

I miss Ocean Beach! Sitting drinking in the heat and listening to tunes. I’ve never been somewhere so full of gorgeous models. I’m usually the one sitting on a lounger, too drunk to move, looking like a gremlin!

Here’s hoping next year will be a better year and we can all enjoy that hot Mediterranean sun! 

Comments